The Hall of Monuments is a ruined shrine found in the Eye of the North, located within the Far Shiverpeaks. It was constructed to commemorate the deeds of a long-dead hero who defeated the Great Destroyer, which refers to player characters from the original Guild Wars. The Hall is the reward system that allows players of the original game to access unique rewards for use in Guild Wars 2. Rewards include a full armor set for each weight, several pieces of standalone armor, miniatures, and pets for Rangers. All items are free, and in addition, all skins can be applied for free via the wardrobe from anywhere in the game. Each new point the player earns unlocks a new reward, up until 30 points. Additionally, every 5 points unlocks a new title, all the way to the maximum, 50 points.
The reward system works by linking a player’s Guild Wars account with their Guild Wars 2 account. While playing Guild Wars Eye of the North, players can earn points by completing certain tasks, such as obtaining a rare mini-pet, or by completing campaigns. By linking their accounts at account.guildwars2.com, their points from Eye of the North are transferred to their Guild Wars 2 account, which unlocks the appropriate rewards in the Hall of Monuments. Players who have not played Guild Wars for an extended period of time may need to log in and talk to Kimmes the Historian in order to complete the account link.
“Quick” guide to 30 points
An extremely time-efficient plan:
- 3 points — Accounts linked.
- 5 points — Beat all 3 campaigns, getting Protector title in at least two of them, or one Protector and Eternal Conqueror of Sorrow’s Furnace.
- 6 points — 1 rare pet (which gives both that statue and the normal pet statue), 8 Heroes including M.O.X.
- 5 points — 1 Tormented, Oppressor, and Destroyer weapon. Plus two more of your choice.
- 3 points — 1 unique and 1 rare miniature.
- 5 points — 5 Prestige armor sets (one must be Elite Luxon, Elite Kurzick, Vabbian or Obsidian armor.) (Head gear not required.)
- 3 points — Your choice of:
- Zaishen title (200 Zaishen Keys for rank 3).
- 15 more titles/elite missions of your choice.
- 10 more weapons — likely cheaper than using Zaishen Keys.
- 28 more miniatures.
“Cheap” guide to 30 points
A more cost effective plan: Valor is not needed to reach 30 points and can be expensive.
- 3 points — Accounts linked.
- 5 points — Beat all 3 campaigns, getting Protector title in all three of them.
- 6 points — 1 rare pet (which gives both the rare pet statue and the normal pet statue), 8 Heroes including M.O.X.
- 7 points — 40 miniature pets, preferably common (white) as they are usually cheaper, including 1 unique (green) and 1 rare (gold) miniature.
- 5 points — 5 Prestige armor sets (one must be Elite Luxon or Elite Kurzick) (Head gear not required.)
- 3 points — 1 PvP Title: Zaishen Supporter title (200 Zaishen Keys for rank 3) is the easiest and quickest PvP title.
- 1 point — Fortune and Misfortune (require only rank 2) + any other title, e.g. an elite mission (such as Urgoz or The Deep) can be completed quickly and cheaply.